I spent hours and hours researching different types of truck bed covers. There are roll-up ones, hard ones, tri-fold ones, and everything in between. Not knowing which would be best for me, I went with this tri-fold one. It’s as cheap as any I could find, and the reviews were great. Well, the reviews don’t like. This thing is great.
I couldn’t imagine having a roll-up or hard cover after using this tri-fold one. It’s so easy to fold up for access to the bed. I end up with 8′ or longer lumber in my truck which requires riding with the top folded. And I often need the bed covered to protect luggage or whatever else I’m transporting from the elements. And sometimes I need to take the whole thing off to fill the bed with taller stuff, along with access to the tie-down points on the bed sides. The tri-fold design accommodates all three scenarios with the least compromises.
– Quality fabric material that feels like it will last as long as the truck
– Solid construction in the frame and tie-down areas
– No permanent screw-in installation required (retain access to your tie-down holes)
– The installation and removal process is easy, and pretty quick if you have a helper (bot not so quick by yourself)
– The disconnect lever isn’t quite as easy to operate as some more expensive models – you have to reach pretty far back and put a lot of force into the lever to attach or detach it
– When folding, the attachments tend to flip up so you have to walk around the truck multiple times stowing them before it will fold
– It won’t fit inside the truck no matter how I try, so if you remove it, you pretty much have to leave it at home